October is Mensa Membership Month - Join us
As you may know, each year American Mensa seeks new members assertively in the month of October. We're doing it again this year. We do this in several ways:
- By reducing our testing fee from $40 to $20. More at our national website
- By reducing the online prescreening test from $18 to $8. With this you can assess your abilities in the privacy of your own home and then decide to test.
- By scheduling multiple admissions tests around Cincinnati for your convenience. More on this in our local admissions test schedule at the end.
But first consider your Prior Evidence (PE)
You may already qualify for membership with PE scores! Have you ever taken SAT, GRE, military GCT, grade school Stanford-Binet, Miller Analogies, Cattell, WAIS before or in school? Do any of these terms sound familiar? You only have to test once for Mensa membership. If prior results qualify, you can save the money, skip the test & go directly to membership application. You will find a list of qualifying tests and scores at The national site, in addition to instructions on submitting your score(s) for consideration & the online application form.
Otherwise for those taking the supervised admissions test
October’s multiple testing offers options for complex lives. It is on Saturdays and usually at a public library for security, lighting, parking, environment, comfort amenities, access and more. This is information we send to prospects and if you know people who should be aware of this do pass it along; you know who they are. For more specific information you can contact any proctor in the table at the bottom.
Important Testing Specifics
- Testing Fee: Mensa is charged for the test & passes the cost to you – it’s fair. A $20 testing voucher is obtained from the National Mensa website via credit card. Follow the link select the $20 voucher & print it.
- Important: Bring the voucher to the test. Please, no exceptions.
- Note Age Restrictions: Applicants under 18 years old must have written parent/guardian consent; follow this link to a printable consent form. In addition to the signed form applicants aged 14 through 16 must be accompanied by a guardian -- both with PhotoID.
- Important: Bring the signed consent form/guardian to the test if required. Please, no exceptions.
- Secure your seat at the test: Test Proctors must control and limit seating; it is important to reserve seating through them. Call or email your proctor directly; they are friendly, helpful, informative, and understand your experience.
- Test Preparation: College health officials recommend people dress comfortably & causally for a test, get a good night sleep the night before, have a light breakfast and arrive early to settle-in and relax. We couldn’t have said it better. Standard testing takes two hours. Mensa’s Culture Fair (CF) is closer to 3 hours and assesses non symbolic aspects of intelligence: non-verbal, spatial, and abstract reasoning.
That’s a lot of information at one time. Questions/concerns arise and we expect them. Feel free to contact us; our proctor/contact information is given below. And you can always contact Mensa’s national office in Arlington, Texas for any reason at phone 817-607-0060.
The following list shows multiple Saturday tests; all are open to you. Select your date/location and contact your proctor. Doors open at 10AM. It is much better to be early than on time. If you’ve taken the Mensa Standard Admissions Test before and wish to test again, this is the only remaining test we can administer. The Culture Fair test is offered only once at the Covington Kentucky Library on Oct22. It is primarily for those not of the American culture but works well for non-traditional thinkers like engineers, pilots, artists and others. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Cincinnati Mensa October 2018 Testing Schedule
Stay tuned for 2018 testing schedule!